THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 15 April 2012

Final Thoughts


ES2007S has finally come to an end!! I took this module initially because I just came back from student exchange program and need to readjust to studying in NUS. ES2007S do not need to memorise any information unlike my Life Sciences modules so I decided to give it a shot. A lot of my friends told me not to take this module, but I just choose to go ahead.

This module is quite fun initially, with all the very interesting class activities. The workload starts to get more and more along the weeks and till recess week I had yet to find time to revise my core modules at all. There are many drafts and re-edits till the final product be it resume, application letter, peer teaching lesson plan and the proposal. Really wanted to give up by week 8 but I could not because if I want to graduate this semester, I need to have enough modular credits.

Objectively, I did learn a few useful skills through this module. The constant drafts and reviews sharpen me to be careful about many details (alignment, using of bullets, choice of words etc. ) which will make my work look more professional. Through this module, I also have the chance to conduct interview with the Vice Dean of Science which is really refreshing! This module got me thinking how to “brand myself” too, which I am really bad at.

Thanks to Ms Lim, my teacher who is very dedicated in teaching. I was quite amazed that Ms Lim came to class before 7am every lesson to prepare for her lesson! In addition. Ms Lim also puts in a lot of hard work, getting back to replies sometimes even after midnight. When I was really down, Ms Lim took out time to have a little chat with me after class. She encouraged me and advised me that I need to learn how to manage stress better because multi tasking is the norm in the working world.

I would not have made it to the end if not for my wonderful classmates (: They are really awesome people who brought so much fun and energy to class! Thanks to Malathi as well who cheered me up when I am down.  The small class size and the close interactions with classmates which other modules may not be able to offer is what I really enjoyed about ES2007S. THE END!

5 comments:

Candice said...

Oh dear, I should probably plan for more 'senang' modules post SEP too uh! I must agree that ES isn't the most 'chillax' module around (way heavier than any of my core modules too...but I guess we learnt uh).

Yes, I do agree with the skills you've mentioned, alignment, using of bullets, choice of work etc. It's something very noteworthy for myself too because we have to use a lot of powerpoint slides in teaching. Haha.

Now that this module has come to a conclusion, let's gear up for the examinations and await judgement day when the results come out! (:

zhongyun (jo) said...

All the best for your SEP! It will be one of the best moment in your University days (:

Hui Qi said...

Hey Jo!
Yes, ES is definitely one of the toughest modules that I've taken thus far. However, like you, I find it really rewarding as we acquire those skills from interactive and unconventional class activities. Initially, I was really plagued by stress and was really caught that moment. I guess you'll just have to keep going and brush those negativity away! You can do it!:)

Thank you for your lovely card again!! All the best for your finals! GO JO!:)

Leon said...

Hey breakfast club buddy!

Yeah its been an amazing experience in the module. Thanks for the cool morning breakfast times haha It's been tough but what keeps us going is friends around.

All the best for your final year. Jiayou!

Leon

Chee Kian said...

Hi Jo my T-Ace partner,

totally agreed, I was as busy as my friend who has 4 no exam modules (which translates to piles of mid-sem assignments). Yet, just like you, I really enjoyed the interactions I had during class. After graduating from ES2007S, looking on the brighter side, I'm sure we will be capable enough to handle any other module to come as precision and meticulous had already sunken deep into us. That is only possible if you decide to pursue your honours though.

Thanks for everything you had done for our proposal team.

Cheers,
Chee Kian